The International Buddhist College will start to offer an one year certificate program for Early Childhood Education (ECE) in December, 2012. It is a 30-credit 2-semester program. The program will be conducted in English at IBC main Campus, Sadao.
Rationale of the Program
The Certificate Program in Early Childhood Education is designed based on the belief that preschool teachers and facilitators should not only be equipped with the most current knowledge and skills in early childhood education but a strong base in Buddhist values to become effective, upright academics or professionals in kindergartens, Care Centers and schools.
The course is therefore designed to increase knowledge in specific areas as well as to prepare for future teaching with a sequence of course work in the theory and practice of education and provide students with field experiences. During Practicum, students are given the opportunity to observe, participate and apply what they have learnt in nursery or preschool classrooms.
This course focuses on developing graduates:
- To be well-rounded in both academic and practical aspects of Early Childhood Education;
- To be effective and competent professionals and scholars in Early Childhood Education;
- To have the ability to think in a constructive, analytical and synthetic manner;
- To become self-directed and lifelong learners;
- To become effective communicators; and
- To exhibit moral and ethical excellence.
Prerequites for admission and Application Process as follows:
- I) Applicants must must have a BA degree or a certificate in high school education or an equivalent from any academic institutions in Thailand or abroad.
- II) Proficiency in the English or Chinese or both languages is essential for the pursuit and successful completion of graduate programs at the International Buddhist College. Prior to admission, an applicant whose primary language is not English or Chinese and whose first degree is not done in English or Chinese must fulfill the English or Chinese language proficiency requirement usually by passing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum score for a pass is 550 (written test) or 213 (computer-based test). Student without this requirement on TOEFL or equivalent English or Chinese language test results will have to sit for and pass the English or Chinese language proficiency tests designed and administered by International Buddhist College
- Tuition Fee: 36000 Baht
- General Fee & Other Fees per year: 10000 Baht
- Admission Fee & One Time Fee: 2900 Baht
- Board and Lodging: 30000+ *3000 (Deposit) Baht
- Total: 78,900 + *3000 (Deposit) Baht
- Core Courses: 9 Credits
- Elective Courses: 18 Credits
- Practicum: 3 Credits
- Total: 30 Credits
ECE Certificate (December Semester)
- EN101 English Structure
- EP5109 Child Development
- EP5110 Play & Creative Expression of Early Childhood
- SS106 Home and Life Values (Common subject with BA1)
- SM106 Computer Literacy and Skills (Common subject with BA1)
ECE Certificate (July Semester)
- EN103 English Composition
- EN106 Fundamentals of Speech & Communication
- CS5101 Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- SE5115 Special topics in Early Childhood Education (1)
- PR5218 Practicum
Information about the application and the required forms can be found here
International Buddhist College (Sadao Campus)
88, Mu 2, Thung Mo Subdistrict,
Khuan Sato, Amphoe Sadao,
Songkhla 90240, Thailand
Tel: +66-74-536202, +66-74-536203
Than Hsiang Kindergarten (Mdm Tan)
No. 132, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah,
11900 BayanLepas, Penang, Malaysia.