The Klintiendharm Foundation was established on the 9th of December 1999
The Klintiendharm (or Than Hsiang which means 'fragrant sandalwood') Foundation is a Buddhist Foundation based on the thoughts and vision of Master Wei Wu. It was established the 9th of December 1999. Klintiendharm's functioning is based on the experience and track record of the Than Hsiang Temple, Penang and its various branches in other parts of Malaysia.
Klintiendharm Foundation was established with the following convictions:
- the young to learn;
- the strong and healthy to serve;
- the aged and sick to be taken care of;
- the departed to find a spiritual destination.
Under the auspices of the Klintiendharm Foundation a number of activities had been started:
- English language school. This school started in July 2001. It provides low cost tuition in English.
- Free English education for monks. By April 2002 some 100 monks attended classes at various levels.
- The International Buddhist College Project. This project took shape in the year 1999 when a plot of land near Hatyai in Thailand was donated and the first outlines of a campus were drawn.
- Classes in Mandarin.
- Sunday Dharma School.
- Visits to an Old Folks Home. This is a monthly activity.
- English Fun Camp for teenagers.
Main advisor and patron of the Klintiendharm Foundation is master Wei Wu. The Foundation's committee totally consists of Thai nationals and functions under the guidance of another patron, General Pisan Wattanawongkiri. President of the Foundation is Khun Prawit Phongprapat. The Foundations supporting team has Khun Songkeat Teerarojwong, who is Honorary Secretary. The Honorary Treasurer is Khun Sombat Tantiabichat. The other members are Khun Lerdsak Atikarnkowit, Khun Khanchye Ruangmaitree, Khun Kosin Jongchotsirikul, Khun Chanchai Taechavivat, Khun Chaiporn Dulpinitpattana, Mr. Lim Ong Choo. Dr. Arporn Brikshasri is the Education Advisor. Khun Patama Tantaputta is the Ladies' Activities Coordinator.
By April 2002 all running Klintiendharm Foundation's activities take place in or are managed from the Foundation's Headquarter at 78 - 80 Soi Central Park in Hatyai, Thailand.