A Workshop on Research Methodology
A Workshop on Research Methodology was held at IBC Korat Campus on 1st October, 2011. The students, staff, guest speakers of IBC and external participants attended the workshop. Prof. Tilak Kariyawasam chaired the program.
The panel include Prof. Tilak Kariyawasam (Dean, Graduate School of Buddhist Studies, IBC) Prof. Kapila Abhayawansa (Dean, Faculty of Religious Studies, IBC) Assist. Prof. Pornthipa Bantomsin (Srinakharinvirot University, Bangkok), Dr. Fa Qing (Director of IT, IBC) and Aruna K. Gamage (Ph.D. research student, IBC).
The following topics were discussed:
- Research Methodology by Prof. Tilak Kariyawasam
- Research Studies in Buddhist Studies by Prof. Kapila Abhayawansa
- Sociology of Religion by Assist. Prof. Pornthipa Bantomsin
- Method and Theory in the Study of Buddhism: Textual Study and Translation by Dr. Fa Qing
- Research Methodology of P─üli Texts Editing by Aruna K. Gamage
There was a lively Q & A session and request for more of such workshops in future.