B.A. Buddhist Studies
The Bachelor of Arts Program is a 120 credit 8-semester programme, which aims to offer students a unique opportunity of experiencing a comprehensive and in-depth study of Buddhism from a nonsectarian point of view while promoting knowledge and understanding of the different schools and traditions within Buddhism. As an academic institution IBC will strictly adhere to the norms of a liberal arts education, adopting an academic approach to Buddhist Studies. However, it will seek to combine the region of academic scholarship with a continuous inculcation of Buddhist spiritual value, as in the tradition of ancient Buddhist seats of learning like Nalanda and Vikkramasila, where in the process of learning one imbibes nearly the whole of its culture.
B.A. Program: 120-credit Programme (English)
- Bachelor of Arts in Buddhist Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Pali and Sanskrit Language & Literature
Students who need financial support can apply to the IBC for educational assistance.
Required Application Documents
- Application form for admission, educational assistance , medical and health (download here).
- Photocopies of ID card and passport together with 2 passport-sized photos;
- For B.A applicants: certified senior high school certificate or above;
- A medical certificate of fitness
- A copy of detailed resume.
All the documents mentioned above should be mailed to the address below. You can also email them first to us.
International Buddhist College (Sadao Campus）
88 Mu 2, Thung Mo Subdistrict,
Khuan Sato, Amphoe Sadao,
Songkhla 90240 Thailand.
The applications for admission and educational assistance will be processed together. Applicants may be called for interview. We will inform the applicants the date and venue for the interview.