New Student Admission (Academic Year 2017/2018)

Application for B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. in Buddhist Studies are now open for the coming Academic Year 2017/2018.

A. Programs available for registration:

• Bachelor Degree
 Bachelor of Arts in Buddhist Studies
 Bachelor of Arts in Pāli and Sanskrit Language and Literature

• Master Degree
 Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies (English and Chinese Medium)

• Doctor of Philosophy
 Doctor of Philosophy in Buddhist Studies

B. Entry Qualifications:
Bachelor of Arts Degree Program
• A certificate of high school (Grade 6) or equivalent.
• A Pass in the English Proficiency Test or a TOEFL score of at least 550 or its
equivalent.

Master of Arts Degree Program (English and Chinese Medium)
• A four-year Bachelor Degree from a recognized or accredited tertiary institution,
with a minimum grade point average of 2.75
• Or Level Nine of Pāli certificate (For domestic applicants)
• A Pass in the English Proficiency Test or a TOEFL score of at least 550 or its
equivalent.

Doctor of Philosophy Degree Program (English and Chinese Medium)
• Holders of Master’s Degree or equivalent, with good academic records (GPA of 3.5
or higher )
• Academic background in Buddhist Studies or other related fields are not absolutely
essential but an asset.
• Proficiency in the English language as indicated by a TOEFL score of at least 550
or its equivalent.

C. Eligibility for Entrance Qualifying Examination and Interview:
A candidate must submit his or her fully completed application and relevant forms prior to the Entrance Qualifying Examination to be eligible for this pre-qualifying examination.

D. Selection: Entrance Qualifying Examination and Interview:
Selection of candidates will be based on Entrance Examination, interview performance and required entry qualifications.

E. Application Submission:
Please submit your application with the required documents as listed below:
• Complete form for admission, medical report and recommendation letter;
• Photocopy of ID card (for Thai nationals only) or passport together with 2 passport-
sized photos;
• For B.A. Applicant: (1) Certified copy of senior high school or above certificate; (2)
Certified official academic transcript.
• For M.A. Applicant: (1) Certified copy of B.A. certificate of graduation; (2) Certified
copy of official academic transcript.
• For Ph.D. Applicant: (1) Certified copy of B.A. and M.A. certificates of graduation;
(2) Certified copy of all official academic transcripts.

(Please download all required forms from http://ibc.ac.th/en/admission/enrollment)

Please address all your duly completed forms to:

(1) By email: ibc.admin2007@gmail.com

(2) By post:
Office of Admission (Admin Office)
International Buddhist College (Sadao Campus)
88 Mu 2, Thung Mo Subdistrict,
Khuan Sato, Amphoe Sadao,
Songkhla 90240 Thailand.

F. Educational Assistance
Candidates who need financial support can apply to the Klintiendharm Foundation for educational assistance. Bursary application will be directed to the Klintiendharm Foundation for consideration. Foundation offers Metta Bursary i.e. 95% of the total fees of 89,100baht (BA program) and 107,100baht (MA program) for course and accommodation fees payable to deserving new students. A bursary student has to pay remaining 5% fees to the IBC which is equivalent to 4,455 Baht for B.A. and 5,355 Baht for M.A. program. Obstinance of Metta Bursary for each subsequent academic year depends on the academic performance and conduct of the student.
Note: Bursary recipient will be asked to pay a caution fee (10,000Baht) to the Foundation. This caution fee will be refunded when he/she has successfully completed his / her program of studies. However, if the student drops out of the course or fails in the examinations, the caution fee will not be refunded. For those who could not pay for the caution fee of 10,000baht, the institution has started an allowance system for them.

Please address your Bursary Application Form and other supporting documents to the above-mentioned e-mail and address. For more details on IBC educational assistance, please visit our website at http://ibc.ac.th/en/admission/bursary

For more information, please contact:
Tel. No.: +66-74-536202, +66-74-536203
Fax.: +66-74-536201
Mobile: +66-81-9593895
Email: ibc.admin2007@gmail.com

Related pages:
http://ibc.ac.th/en/admission/enrollment
http://ibc.ac.th/en/programs

AY2017/2018 MA Buddhist Entrance Examination
http://ibc.ac.th/en/node/3069